+++ Early Career workshop "Emerging Technologies +++ LFC44 abstract deadline 20 May 2021 +++ register until 20 June 2021 +++ Su Sponaugle, Andrea Frommel, and Judy St.Leger confirmed as keynote speakers +++ check for updates +++
3 days of remote oral and poster presentations, networking events, picture contests and more!
Important facts and dates:
- Oral and Poster abstract submission deadline: 20 May 2021
- Registration: open now, closes on 20 June 2021
- Cost: 50 USD for all full or affiliate members of AFS/ELHS, 80 USD for non-members
- Remote access: registered participants will be able to access talks and posters live or remotely on their own for up to two weeks
5 Theme Sessions to cover the breadth of larval fish science
- (1) Form, function, development
- (2) Climate change effects
- (3) Recruitment processes
- (4) Commercial & ornamental aquaculture
- (5) Behavioral ecology
Also available: ‘Contributed papers’ session
The LFC44 is grateful for support from:
Meet this years keynote speakers
Department of Integrative Biology, Oregon State University
Keynote speaker, session 1 | Thursday, 24th June 11:15 EDT “Field of Dreams: Maximizing the Value of Ichthyoplankton Datasets”
University of British Columbia
Keynote speaker, session 2 | Friday, 25th June 18:15 EDT “Sweat the small stuff: How local conditions can shape the sensitivity to climate change”
President & Founder of Rising Tide Conservation
Keynote speaker, session 3 | Saturday, 26th June 11:15 EDT “Meeting Aquaculture needs with Research and Production”
The COVID-19 pandemic is still reeling worldwide, and travel continues to be severely restricted for the foreseeable future.
As much as we had hoped otherwise, as a community we determined that we still cannot have an in-person conference this year.
However, our research did not stop. And we still want to come together and hear about it!
The 44th Larval Fish Conference will happen virtually in June 2021!
Register now right here! | https://lfc44.uconn.edu/form/